Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shelby Steiner Autumn/Winter 2013



Up-and-coming designer Shelby Steiner launched the lookbook for new Autumn/Winter 2013 collection.  Shelby's new collection, The Diamond, was inspired by the obsession with the stone.  The pocket details represent the smuggling of conflict diamonds.  The custom plaid overlay  reinforces the initial inspiration of conflict diamonds.  Typically I'm not one for maxi skirts. But the gold skirt that the model, Lauren, is wearing is one of my favorite pieces of the collection!

I had the opportunity to meet Shelby this past January and she's such a lovely girl! What draws me to her pieces the most is her inspiration of worldly and environmental issues. She is currently one of six designers in residence at the Chicago Fashion Incubator at Macy's on State Street.  Shelby is also an alumni of my school, Columbia College Chicago.  The Diamond collection is absolutely phenomenal and I'm anxious to see what she has for us next!

To view more of the collection visit her website: Shelbysteiner.com